If you like working with people, feel passionate about supporting and enabling them to live a more independent and fulfilling life and are looking for a worthwhile job with career opportunities, then this role could be for you.
What will I do on the apprenticeship?
The apprenticeship takes 13 to 18 months to complete. During your apprenticeship you will learn:
- The main tasks and responsibilities of the role
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours and treating people with respect and dignity
- The importance of communication and communicating clearly and responsibly
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm (Safeguarding)
- How to promote health and wellbeing for the individuals they support and work colleagues
- How to work professionally and seeking to develop their own professional development and that of work colleagues
You will complete a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults). This qualification is promoted and valued by employers.
You will also complete the Care Certificate.
English and maths Level 1/or working towards
Ability to complete an entry assessment and interview
Once the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship is complete, the learning doesn’t stop. You can continue to gain more qualifications which will help you to have a long and successful career in the sector. Next steps qualifications include Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor or Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker.