IT Application Specialist Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship
Why this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship provides learners with an excellent foundation for a career working with IT systems and software.
The framework is designed to meet the skills needs of employers by attracting new talent into a career in IT and offering a range of units to match their particular organisational and job role requirements.
You will spend one day a week (20% of your time) with Hull Training and AduIt Education and the rest of the week with your employer.
An IT Application Specialist is needed in all sectors of industry that use software systems. They may alter existing software, install new software and troubleshoot any problems related to performance of computer systems. Application Specialists are also expected to be expert in several computer programs and data interfaces.
Anyone aged 16 or over can apply for an apprenticeship. You cannot be self-employed and must have lived in the UK or EU for the past three years to be eligible.
You must be working in an IT role and have had some knowledge and/or experience of working within an IT environment. If you are not currently employed, we will do our best to support you into employment before commencing this apprenticeship.
The Level 3 apprenticeship is an advanced level equivalent to two A level passes and can be an excellent starting point to move into management or senior support roles. Successful completion could also support a pathway to university.
What qualification(s) will I achieve?
Learners who successfully complete this apprenticeship will be awarded with a:
- Level 3 Diploma in IT User Skills Apprenticeship
Plus, Functional Skills Level 2 English, Maths and ICT (for those that have not achieved a grade C or level 4 or above).
On completion of this apprenticeship you will have gained experience and/or knowledge of the following:
- Improving productivity by developing an IT system
- Understanding the potential for IT
- Developing team and personal effectiveness
- Setting up an IT system
- Optimise IT system performance
- Creating documents and supporting use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
- Understand and implement IT security
Here you will find some potential career pathways once you have completed your apprenticeship with us.
- First point of contact for customers over the telephone and via email
- Assisting customers with account creation
- Recording information accurately
- Remote login to customer computers
- Reset account details
- Install/update software
Technical Engineer (IT)
- Attend customer sites to install kit
- Repair onsite equipment
- Remote login to diagnose faults
- Configure hardware and software pre installs
- Support and train customers
- Provide IT documentation
IT Project Co-ordinator
- Prepare project plans
- Negotiate with team members
- Meet with external providers and suppliers
- Co-ordinate software and hardware installations
- Review success of projects with users
- Manage a budget
- Install PABX and IP telephony
- Maintain routers on customer sites
- Login to customers routers to repair or investigate
- Research faults and resolutions
- Report on recurring problems
- Configure firewalls