Overview of the course
This qualification is perfect for young people and those taking their first step on the career ladder. As well as covering basic accounting techniques and principles you’ll gain a broader understanding of the business environment and how to prepare for entering the world of work.
You will develop a broad understanding of business and enterprise and will gain knowledge and insight into the sector. You will discover how important it is to use your own initiative and how this vital skill plays an essential role for an entrepreneur or business person.
What will you learn?
You will develop the skills required for working in a variety of business settings and will gain practical knowledge of business cycles and systems. The course will:
- Identify the key features of different types of organisations and their structures
- Develop your team working skills and time management skills
- Look at professional behaviours including using policies and procedures
- Show you how to communicate effectively in the workplace
- Help you to understand the importance of keeping data and information secure
- Show you how to identify and apply for suitable jobs