Teaching in further education is a great career! It offers a stable job in a stimulating environment, plus the chance to make a real difference to a wide range of students – aged from 14-90! Whether you’re a plumber, health professional or chef, your professional experience and trade qualifications are highly valued by your students. Gaining teaching qualifications will help your Further Education career, but the type of training you’ll need varies, depending on what you hope to teach. Your starting point is the stand alone qualification the Award in Education & Training.
What will you learn?
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions and how to assess and give constructive feedback. This qualification can help you to progress in teaching/training and support roles in a wide range of organisations in the lifelong learning sector. These include:
- Public sector organisations
- Private sector organisations
- Prison Education
- Further Education, Adult and Community Education
There are three units which make up 12 Credits
- Understanding Roles Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning approaches in Education and Training
- Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
Who can do it?
Age range: 18+.
A*-C GCSE Grades in English & Maths (or equivalent)
Ability to complete an entry assessment and interview.
Level 4 or higher apprenticeship.