Business and Administration Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship
Why this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship provides learners with an excellent foundation for a career within a variety of business sectors: business/office, retail/sales/logistics, medical/clerical or adult/child social care.
The framework is designed to meet the skills needs of employers by attracting new talent into a career in business and administration.
You will spend one day a week (20% of your time) with Hull Training and AduIt Education and the rest of the week with your employer.
Intermediate apprentices will work in roles such as administrators, office juniors, receptionists etc. They will have the skills, knowledge and competencies to support business systems, processes and services and contribute to making businesses run smoothly.
Anyone aged 16 or over can apply for an apprenticeship. You cannot be self-employed and must have lived in the UK or EU for the past three years to be eligible.
You must be working in a business administration role. If you are not currently employed, we will do our best to support you into employment before commencing this apprenticeship.
The Level 2 apprenticeship is an intermediate level equivalent to five good GCSE passes and upon successful completion could lead to progression to an advanced apprenticeship.
On completion of this apprenticeship you will have gained experience and/or knowledge of the following:
- Communication skills
- Using a range of office equipment
- Storing and retrieving information
- Providing support for meetings
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Dealing with customers/visitors
- Taking and receiving telephone calls
- Producing different types of business documents
- Creating and replying to emails
- Producing meeting minutes
- Managing diary systems
- Team working
Developed personal behaviours relating to working in an office
What qualification will I achieve?
Learners who successfully complete this apprenticeship will be awarded with a:
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
Plus, Functional Skills Level 1 English, Maths and ICT (for those that have not achieved a grade C or level 4 or above) and you will be encouraged to work towards Functional Skills in English and Maths at level 2.
Here you will find some potential career pathways once you have completed your apprenticeship with us.
- Plan routes for deliveries
- Generate invoices
- Update colleagues with delivery information
- Follow up email enquiries
- Log delivery data into the management system
- Contact clients by telephone and email
- Organise job sheets and bookings for colleagues
- Arrange meetings
- Take minutes at management meetings
- Type up minutes
- Respond to customer enquiries
- Input data and help with analysis
- Record annual leave
- Meet and greet visitors
- Take and pass on messages
- Book appointments
- Access and amend calendars
- Follow and guide others to follow health and safety procedures
- Produce documents such as letters and type up reports
- Input data into databases and spreadsheets