Ceramics Master Class
Preston Road Adult Education Centre
See venue >>
This course is designed to encourage the development of design skills through practical project planning and production. You will continue to develop your understanding of the diverse properties of clay, through the study of specific techniques and materials with tutor support and guidance. This course aims to provide you with the opportunity to access and utilise a well-resourced working ceramics studio.
This session aims to offer the opportunity to potters who would like to be amongst fellow creatives in an evening class setting.
You must be able to work independently and have a good foundation knowledge of ceramics.
This course is aimed at learners who are of an improvers / advanced level or learners that have substantial prior experience of ceramics practice.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call 01482 615 349 / 616 580 or email: email@example.com
You will be able to use the studio, resources and facilities to develop your individual projects and access tutor knowledge and support when necessary.
This course offers:
- Technical support on the spot advice from a working ceramicist
- Well-resourced studio with six wheels and two large kilns
- The use of the wheels to those who can already centre clay and draw up walls. (if you can not throw and wish to be able to do so please look at enrolling on our throwing courses)
- Extensive range of glazes (specialising in the cone six firing range), engobes and oxides available for use at any time
- Access to varied clay bodies and technical support as to their handling properties
- Health and safety guidance
- Personalised learner centred approach
This course is classed as full cost/ learning for leisure which means that no paperwork or qualifications are involved. It is designed for those potters and ceramicists who want to keep making and learning new skills in a collaborative classroom environment supported by a qualified specialist tutor.
Where can it lead?
You may wish to take a qualification, such as:
Certificate in Creative Craft Level 2
These skills could be used in the following job roles:
- Ceramics Designer
- Kiln Operative
- Own Business, selling work independently through galleries and online
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.