Certificate in creative craft skills Level 2 (Pottery Ceramics)
Preston Road Adult Education Centre
See venue >>
Over the duration of a year, in addition to producing practical 3D work you will develop an underpinning knowledge of project management and the 3D design process.
The emphasis of study on this course is building on existing skills and knowledge through practical, theoretical and project work.
Investigate creative enterprise and employment opportunities in the ceramics industry, craft outlets, galleries and online sales.
Through this module we aim to prepare you for progression into further learning or employment within the creative arts and craft sector.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, however learners may find it beneficial to have achieved a Level 1 qualification in a related area or have equivalent experience.
This qualification consists of 3 mandatory units:
• Use materials, tools and equipment to develop craft techniques
• Investigate creative enterprise and employment opportunities
• Develop craft ideas
The key objectives
• Use raw materials, tools and equipment in a safe and competent manner
• Develop analytical and research skills
• Evaluate their own work and develop ideas and learning through the craft process
• Develop an understanding of health and safety considerations in the craft environment.
This as an accredited course and evidence of achievement is by creating a portfolio of evidence.
Where can it lead?
This qualification would be useful in the following roles:
• Ceramics Designer
• Kiln Operative
• Design studio assistant