Counselling Skills – Level 1 (classroom-based)
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
The classroom-based Counselling Skills course will allow learners to develop interpersonal skills and introductory counselling skills which can be used in everyday life. In addition learners will gain awareness of related counselling concepts and what is involved in using counselling skills with people.
You will need basic IT skills, and access to a computer/tablet or smartphone allowing you to use Google Classroom, and the free Microsoft Teams App.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
Learners will undertake two units to complete the qualification and covers an introduction to counselling and development of skills associated to counselling.
- Know the issues for which people seek counselling.
- Know how counselling can help people.
- Understand the skills used by counsellors.
- Know about empathy in a counselling context.
- Give reasons why it is important for counsellors to show empathy.
- Understand how self-knowledge enables counsellors to demonstrate acceptance.
- Be able to demonstrate empathy when using counselling skills.
- Be able to observe boundaries when using counselling skills.
- Be able to apply counselling skills when helping others.
All units will be assessed using a portfolio of evidence.
Where can it lead?
- Gateway Qualifications Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Gateway Qualifications Level 1 Award in Peer Mentoring
- Gateway Qualifications Level 2 Award in Mentoring
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.