Customer Services Basics – On Line Course
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
This five week online introduction to Customer Service course will give you the
basics to demonstrate to an employer that you understand the importance of good
customer service and how it reflects on a business.
Tutor Contact Times
Monday and Tuesday 9.00-4.00 pm
There are no entry requirements.
As this is an online course, all resources will be placed online. Access can be, for
example, via smartphone, tablet or computer with good access to the internet.
Additionally, it would be useful to have access to a webcam and microphone,
although this is not essential. If you wish to print out your work, access to a printer
would also be advantageous.
The definition of customer services
● The importance of good customer service
● The impact of poor customer service
● Creating a good first impression
● Use of body language, listening skills, eye contact and verbal language to
create a good impression
● How to be efficient and professional when dealing with others
● How to provide a customer focused experience
● Strategies to help with customers who are unhappy or angry
RARPA stands for Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement which
is the process of assessment for non-accredited learning. It is a means of validating
the outcomes of programmes which do not result in qualifications. RARPA is a five
stage process which measures and records learners’ progress, achievements and
Where can it lead?
This course/qualification would be useful in supporting skills towards further
education, training and employment.
Progression onto further accredited courses including such as Customer Services
Level 1, Functional Skills Maths and English and vocational Adult Learning.