Dyslexia Awareness – Level 2
See venue >>
This classroom-based Dyslexia Awareness course offers learners knowledge around Dyslexia. You will be provided with lots of information that will help you not only learn about Dyslexia, but also around how to help children, or others, who you come into contact with.
This course aims to help learners develop in an existing role, such as a Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Practitioner – or help you prepare to take on such a role.
There are no previous qualifications required. However, learners looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 19 years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet
- Basic computer skills: e.g. Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc.
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
This course is aimed at anyone who wishes to learn more about this condition.
Over the duration of this 6 week course you will cover such topics as:-
- An introduction to dyslexia
- How dyslexia is diagnosed
- Know how dyslexia can affect individuals
- How where to fine sources of information for individuals with dyslexia and those supporting them
This qualification is assessed with a portfolio of evidence.
Learners will undertake one mandatory unit which covers characteristics, effects and assessment methods as well as ways to support individuals with dyslexia and sources of further relevant information
Where can it lead?
Learners could progress from this qualification to the Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Award in Dyslexia Awareness and/or the Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Award in Supporting Learners with Dyslexia, where the learners will learn to apply your understanding of dyslexia to support learners in practice.
The learners could also move on to broader learning support qualifications such as a Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.