Early Years – Level 1 Award
This classroom-based course is aimed at learners wishing to gain an understanding, and basic knowledge, of the provision of childcare available in early year’s settings.
There are no previous qualifications required. However, learners looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 19 years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet
- Basic computer skills: e.g. Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
Learners do not require a placement to complete this course
How to apply
Please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349 to book an induction
The units include subjects such as:-
- the value of play;
- roles and responsibilities of carers and volunteers; and
- the importance of developing links in the local community.
This course is aimed at anyone considering a career in early year’s settings.
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods which will include an electronic portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task set by Hull Training and Adult Education.
Where can it lead?
Once you have completed this qualification you may be able to go onto various other vocational courses including:
Level 2 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Playwork
Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People.