Engineering Fitter (Technical Support) Level 3 Apprenticeship
The Engineering Centre
See venue >>
Why this apprenticeship?
You will gain an Engineering Fitter Level 3 apprenticeship and have the opportunity to also undertake additional units in technical support.
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and should have:
• GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 and above, or
• Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2
• The ability to follow instructions and diagrams
• The ability to work accurately and a good eye for detail
• Good communication and problem solving abilities
• The ability to work on your own initiative, but also be a good team worker
• Good IT skills and enjoy working on computers
Our experienced tutors are here to support you all the way and by the end of your apprenticeship you will be able to:
• Quality control
• Inspection of products
• Complying with statutory regulations
• Working effectively and efficiently in engineering
• Understand the risks to Health and Safety Associated with the Use of Computer Equipment and Associated Peripheral Devices.
• Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
• Understand Mechanical Principles and have an understanding of engineering maintenance or, the principles and applications of fabrication and welding.
Plus you will be able to undertake additional units to suit you and your company.
What qualifications will I achieve?
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) plus a vocational qualification relating to work area.
Here you will find some potential career pathways once you have completed your apprenticeship with us.
Quality Control Inspector
A skilled, time served individual with extensive experience of mechanical, electrical of electronic inspection techniques and processes
Work in engineering, using computer aided design (CAD) systems to draw overall designs or detailed technical drawings. They normally work in a team with other draughtspersons and engineering designers with each of them working on part of the project.
Measurement and Control Technician
Work with instruments that monitor production processes and equipment, in industries such as manufacturing, and engineering