Essential Digital Skills: Digital Skills for Life – Entry Level 3 (classroom-based)
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
This qualification enables learners to develop a range of digital skills for work and life including:
- Using digital devices and handling information
- Creating, editing and storing digital media
- Communicating through digital services
- Safely carrying out online transactions
- Being safe and responsible online
Gateway Entry Level 3 or Level 1 Awards in Essential Digital Skills for Work and Essential Digital Skills for Life.
The Essential Digital Skills course is a qualification designed for adults with little or are lacking experience of using digital devices and accessing online content.
This could include those who:
- Have no or limited experience of using digital devices
- Require skills to
- Communicate through video conferencing with colleagues, family, friends who are at a distance
- Apply for government funding
- Manage finances, making purchases online
- Progress in work or further study
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
- Using digital devices and handling information: This will include what are devices and how we use them. For example there will be different ways of taking a screen shot depending on the device you are using. This can be helpful for learning or remembering. Using different apps, looking at why you don’t always get the same app on another device.
- Creating, editing and storing digital media: This could be writing a letter, using layouts, inserting/editing images to use. Using spread sheets to help automate your information or be able to better read other spreadsheets. Where to store your information, videos looking at the structure of folders to help you find your information.
- Communicating through digital services: This will help with using your device for video conferencing, this could be meetings in Facetime, WhatsApp, Zoom, Teams, Google Meet or your preferred software. This could be using email appropriately, sending and receiving messages, text, chat etc.
- Safely carrying out online transactions: This will give you knowledge and confidence using your bank card to purchase online. This will also help you to be able to set up online accounts or check the status or amend an online order.
- Being safe and responsible online: Would you know if you or your kids are on a safe website? Can you complete online forms, what personal information would you use? Would you know what digital footprint you may leave when interacting online?
Programme delivery will include a combination of structured learning materials and face-to-face delivery with the opportunity to use our online systems for support. Each unit is assessed through the completion of skills and knowledge as you progress. You will need to attend the centre to undertake the exam at the end of the course.
Where can it lead?
The appropriate follow on course will be to progress to the next level of IT, this could be Essential Digital Skills Level 1. Employment
You may also discuss what you would like to progress on to after the course, with your tutor or with an advisor in the centre
Please ask your tutor for further information