Family Learning: Managing Children’s Behaviour
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
This online based course if aimed at parents and carers of children that want to develop a range of techniques to manage children’s behaviour effectively.
The online based course will help you by:
– increasing your knowledge of the influences and effects on your child’s behaviour;
– developing strategies to support children’s challenging behaviour; and
– creating activities and resources to support your child.
There are no entry requirements.
How to apply
- Positive and negative aspects of parenting
- Influences on children’s behaviour
- Praise and rewards
- Choices and consequences
- Communication and listening to each other effectively
- I statements
- Mental health and wellbeing
Without qualification – RARPA stands for Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement which is the process of assessment for non accredited learning. It is a means of validating the outcomes of programmes which do not result in qualifications. RARPA is a five stage process which measures and records learners’ progress, achievements and attendance.
Where can it lead?
Progression onto Functional Skills maths and English.
This course has links to childcare, education, psychology careers or courses.
You could progress onto courses such as;
Functional skills Maths
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills English
This course/qualification would be useful in the following roles;
- Lunchtime supervisor
- Teaching Assistant