Family Learning Maths (blended)
Preston Road Adult Education Centre
See venue >>
Aimed at parents and carers of children that want to improve their maths skills to be able to support their child’s learning.
You will develop strategies to support your child’s learning at school and at home. You will improve your knowledge of children’s numeracy development. This will help you to identify your child’s individual needs and support their learning.
You will learn about:
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- Fractions, percentages and decimals
- Working with money, time and metric measurements
- Using tables and charts to present and explain data
You will learn at your own pace through:
- Group, paired or individual tasks
- Paper based activities
- Demonstrations and practical activities
- Independent study
Achieving a Level 2 Functional Skills qualification will allow you to meet the maths requirements of many jobs in the labour market. You will be able to progress onto further/higher education.
A Level 1 qualification is equivalent to GCSE grade D-G level. A Level 2 qualification is equivalent to GCSE grade A*-C level.
There are no entry requirements; an initial assessment will inform us of what you need to work towards.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
- Using the number system – whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages
- Using common measures, shape and space
- Handling information and data
- Solving mathematical problems and decision making
You will complete a Functional Skills Maths qualification at Entry 3, Level 1 or Level 2.
Where can it lead?
This course leads to a qualification in Functional Skills Maths accredited by Edexcel. You can continue learning up to Level 2 Functional Skills maths.
Developing your maths skills and gaining a qualification will help you to support your child’s learning. It also enables you to demonstrate your maths skills to employers and access other courses.
The qualification cam be a gateway to enable you to study further and work towards employment in roles such as;
- Teaching Assistant
- Admin Assistant