Family Learning: School Ready
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
This online course is aimed at parents and carers of children that want to develop a range of techniques to help their child be ready to start school.
An online based course to:
– Know the guidelines of what your child should know and be able to do.
– Create activities for you and your child to help them meet these guidelines.
– Know ways to help you child prepare emotionally for starting school.
– Know where to access further advice and support.
There are no entry requirements.
How to apply
- Guidelines for school readiness
- Dealing with emotions
- What to expect at school
- Self-care and independence
- Rewards and rules
- Sharing and turn-taking
Without qualification – RARPA stands for Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement which is the process of assessment for non accredited learning. It is a means of validating the outcomes of programmes which do not result in qualifications. RARPA is a five stage process which measures and records learners’ progress, achievements and attendance.
Where can it lead?
Progression onto Functional Skills maths and English.
This course has links to childcare, education, psychology careers or courses.
You could progress onto courses such as;
Functional skills Maths
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills English
This course/qualification would be useful in the following roles;
- Lunchtime supervisor
- Teaching Assistant