The Diploma in Career Information and Advice is now available to study with Hull Training and Adult Education.
This qualification is ideal for anyone who works in a school, college, training provider or the community and voluntary sector. It will enable you to provide Information, Advice and Guidance to support individuals to take the next steps in life, learning and work.
At the end of the course you will be able to help clients to address and overcome the barriers to learning and support them in making realistic and well informed choices.
You will be required to complete five mandatory units, which will teach you to:
- Prepare to work in the career information, advice and guidance setting
- Reflect on your practice and your continuous development
- Interview clients to determine their need for career information, advice and guidance
- Meet the career-related information needs of a client
- Use career choice theories and concepts to support clients
To achieve this diploma qualification you must achieve 45 credits in total. 30 Credits will come from mandatory units. The remaining 15 credits will come from a bank of optional units which include:
- Plan and deliver career-related learning in groups
- Assist clients to review the achievement of career-related actions
- Explore and agree how to meet the career-related needs of clients
- Assist clients to apply for learning, training and work