This apprenticeship is ideal for anyone who has Level 2 Care Worker apprenticeship/or equivalent and who is looking to progress their career in the health and care sector.
The apprenticeship takes 13 to 24 months to complete. During your apprenticeship you will learn:
- The main tasks and responsibilities of the role
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours and treating people with respect and dignity
- The importance of communication and communicating clearly and responsibly
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm (Safeguarding)
- How to promote health and wellbeing for the individuals they support and work colleagues
- How to work professionally and seeking to develop their own professional development and that of work colleagues
You will complete a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults). This qualification is promoted and valued by employers. If you don’t hold a Level 2 English and maths qualification, you would be required to complete this during your apprenticeship.
Apprentices are required to complete the Care Certificate. If you do not have this, you will complete during your apprenticeship.
5 A*-G GCSE
Level 1 English and Maths
Or a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care Adults
Ability to complete an entry assessment and interview
Once the Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship is complete, the learning doesn’t stop. You can continue to gain more qualifications which will help you to have a long and successful career in the sector. Next steps qualifications include Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor or Level 5 Operations/Department Manager.