Level 1 Award for Learning Support
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
The course will provide you with a wide range of information about the school system
Over 10 weeks you will examine:
- Children’s learning in and out of the classroom
- Resources used in school
- How literacy and numeracy are taught
- Using craft activities
- How to encourage positive behaviour
- Classes during the course involve written work, practical work, group work and watching video resources.
- This course requires the production of a portfolio of evidence.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification
How to apply
Ring the information line on 01482 615 349 or visit your local centre to book an appointment.
This is a short level 1 course for people who are new to volunteering or working in a school classroom. The course is suitable for those returning to learning or who have little experience of working with children. There is a 2 hour sessions each week in the centre for 10 weeks, during which you gain the knowledge to be able to compile the required evidence.
Where can it lead?
Learners can progress to the Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning (Teaching Assistant)