Managing Children’s Behaviour
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
Aimed at parents and carers of children that want to develop a range of techniques to manage children’s behaviour effectively.
A classroom based course to:
• Increase your knowledge of the influences and effects on your child’s behaviour
• Develop strategies to support children’s challenging behaviour
• Create activities and resources to support your child
There are no entry requirements.
How to apply
Contact Endeavour on 01482 615 349 or email:
• Positive and negative aspects of parenting
• Influences on children’s behaviour
• Family rules
• Rewards and penalties
• Choices and consequences
• Communication and listening to each other effectively
• I statements
• Effects of labelling
• Nurturing ourselves
• Gateway qualification: ‘Developing Skills for Listening to Children’
With qualification –This is an accredited course and evidence of achievement is by creating a portfolio of evidence.
Without qualification – RARPA stands for Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement which is the process of assessment for non accredited learning. It is a means of validating the outcomes of programmes which do not result in qualifications. RARPA is a five stage process which measures and records learners’ progress, achievements and attendance.
Where can it lead?
Progression onto Functional Skills maths and English.
This course has links to childcare, education, psychology careers or courses.
You could progress onto courses such as;
Functional skills Maths
• Functional Skills Maths
• Functional Skills English
This course/qualification would be useful in the following roles:
• Lunchtime supervisor
• Teaching Assistant