Managing Children’s Behaviour (The Avenues Adult Education Centre)
The Avenues Adult Education Centre
See venue >>
This six-week course is aimed at parents and carers of children enabling you to discuss, try, and explore a range of techniques to manage children’s behaviour effectively.
You will develop your understanding of what can affect behaviour, explore the outside influences, environments or situations that play a role in this.
The sessions are covered by:
- Discussion within the group and sharing ideas
- Paper based activities
- Online videos
After completing the course you will have:
- An increased knowledge of the influences and effects on your child’s behaviour
- Developed strategies to support your children’s challenging behaviour
- Created activities and resources to support your child
There are no entry requirements.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call 01482 615 349 / 616 580 or email: email@example.com
The units for this course will cover: –
- Positive and negative aspects of parenting
- Influences on children’s behaviour
- Family rules
- Rewards and penalties
- Choices and consequences
- Communication and listening to each other effectively
- External influences on behaviour/barriers
- Positive/negative communication
- Strategies for promoting positive behaviours
This is a RARPA based course, assessment is carried out though building of a portfolio and taking part within tasks matched to the individual’s personal targets.
RARPA stands for Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement which is the process of assessment for non-accredited learning. It is a means of validating the outcomes of programmes which do not result in qualifications. RARPA is a five stage process which measures and records learners’ progress, achievements and attendance.
Where can it lead?
This course has links to childcare, education, psychology careers or courses.
You could progress on to courses such as:
- Functional Skills English
- Functional Skills Maths
- Mental Health courses
This course/qualification would be useful in the following roles:
- Lunchtime Supervisor
- Teaching Assistant/Classroom Assistant
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.