Family Learning Managing Children’s Behaviour (classroom-based)
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
As part of Hull Training and Adult Education’s COVID recovery plan, our Family Learning courses are free of charge. We are here to offer support with a range of provision to fit around your busy schedule.
This classroom-based course is aimed at parents and carers of children that want to develop a range of techniques to manage children’s behaviour effectively.
After completing the course you will have:
- An increased knowledge of the influences and effects on your child’s behaviour
- Developed strategies to support your children’s challenging behaviour
- Created activities and resources to support your child
There are no entry requirements.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
The units for this course will cover:-
- Positive and negative aspects of parenting
- Influences on children’s behaviour
- Family rules
- Rewards and penalties
- Choices and consequences
- Communication and listening to each other effectively
- I statements
- Effects of labelling
- Nurturing ourselves
- Gateway qualification: ‘Developing Skills for Listening to Children’
This is an accredited course and evidence of achievement is by creating a portfolio of evidence.
Where can it lead?
This course has links to childcare, education, psychology careers or courses.
You could progress on to courses such as:
- Functional Skills English
- Functional Skills Maths
- Mental Health courses
This course/qualification would be useful in the following roles:
- Lunchtime Supervisor
- Teaching Assistant
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.