Mental Health Awareness – Level 1 NCFE (blended)
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
This qualification aims to:
• Raise awareness of the issues surrounding mental health difficulties
• Dispel some of the myths and misconceptions frequently linked to mental health issues
• Develop learners’ knowledge of the rights of those with mental health issues.
There are no entry requirements
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
To achieve the Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria by completing the following units to achieve
- Be aware of what is meant by mental health.
- Be aware of some of the responses to mental health issues.
- Be aware of cultural diversity in relation to mental health issues.
- Be aware of some of the social and personal effects of mental ill-health.
The qualification is appropriate for a wide range of people with an interest in raising their own understanding of mental health issues. It would complement study in a range of areas, eg citizenship, PSHE, healthcare, social care, counselling or public services.
It may also be particularly useful for those working within the voluntary and community sector and for others whose role calls for interaction with the general public in their day-to-day work.
To achieve the Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
The mandatory unit will be internally assessed using a Candidate Workbook covering all the learning outcomes of the qualification.
Where can it lead?
We also offer a number of other courses to help you get on and move on. Why not consider refreshing your maths and English skills, or try one of our IT or vocational courses.
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential.