Microsoft Excel (Spreadsheets) Level 1
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
Microsoft Office Excel is used in a majority of business settings, and this qualification will enhance your CV and improve your career prospects across a wide range of sectors and industries. Gaining this qualification will broaden IT skills for employment.
Develop skills, efficiency and accuracy to produce a professional looking spreadsheet.
This course introduces the skills and knowledge required to use a range of basic spreadsheet software tools and techniques to produce, present and check basic spreadsheets and graphs /charts.
You should have some basic ICT skills such as
• Turn the computer on and off
• Opening and closing applications and programmes
• Using the mouse to select and move items on a screen
• Printing out documents
• Saving and filing a document
How to apply
Ring the Information Line on 01482 615 349 or visit your local centre to book an appointment.
OCR Spreadsheet Software Level 1
• enter and manipulate data
• use formatting techniques
• the use of tools,
• formulae and functions
• use of operators, for example divide, multiply, add, subtract.
To achieve this qualification you will be required to take an exam.
Where can it lead?
You can progress to courses such as
• Functional Skills ICT,
• Spreadsheets at Level 1
This qualification would be useful in the following roles:
• Technical Support (Technician / Help Desk)
• Secretarial roles