New Business – Short Introduction into Book-keeping (classroom-based)
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
To learn the basic yet useful concepts to help you get started on book-keeping, from how you can fill in your records to easy book-keeping practices
There are no specific, recommended, prior learning requirements for this qualification. The course is suitable for all types of learners, in particular new business owners and learners who want a career in accounts.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
The classroom-based course content consists of a new topic each week to get you started:
- Book-keeper vs Accountant vs DIY
- Basic types of book-keeping you should know
- Easy but vital book-keeping practices you should follow
- The basic book-keeping terms you need to know
- Useful tips on learning book-keeping at home
This course uses RARPA as its method of assessment.
RARPA stands for Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement which is the process of assessment for non-accredited learning. It is a means of validating the outcomes of programmes which do not result in qualifications. RARPA is a five stage process which measures and records learners’ progress, achievements and attendance.
Where can it lead?
This course could support you in:
- Helping you to flourish in your new business
- Starting you out on the road to a role in accountancy
- Keeping basic accounts for social societies or community work
We also offer a number of other courses to help you to progress and develop your skills and knowledge. Why not consider refreshing your maths and English skills, or try one of our IT or vocational courses?
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to make a referral for you.