Public Service Operational Delivery Officer Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Craven Park Training and Enterprise Centre
See venue >>
Preston Road Adult Education Centre
See venue >>
Why this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship provides learners with an excellent foundation for a career within local or central government providing services to the general public.
The apprenticeship standard is designed to meet the skills required for working in Local Authority and Government departments by attracting new talent into a career for those wanting to working directly with customers and the public.
Your learning will be a mix of face-to-face sessions and online teaching using Educational Teams one day a week. The remaining four days will be with your employer.
You will be dealing with different types of customers delivering a range of public services. You will develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to support customers, business systems and processes which contribute to keeping the country running.
Anyone aged 16 years old, or over, can apply for an apprenticeship. You cannot be self-employed and must have lived in the UK or EU for the past three years to be eligible.
If you are not currently employed, we will do our best to support you into employment before commencing this apprenticeship.
The Level 3 apprenticeship is an advanced level equivalent to two A level passes and can be an excellent starting point to move into management or senior support roles. Successful completion could also support a pathway to university.
What qualifications will I achieve?
Learners who successfully complete this apprenticeship will be awarded with a:
- Level 2 Award in Operational Delivery (Intermediate)
- Level 3 Certificate in Operation Delivery (Advanced)
- Level 3 Operational Delivery Officer Apprenticeship Standard
- English and maths Functional Skills Level 2 (for those that have not achieved a grade C or Level 4 or above).
On completion of this apprenticeship you will have gained experience and/or knowledge of the following:
- Legislation, policies and procedures
- Customer needs and expectations
- Dealing with a diverse range of customers and their individual needs
- Working together as a team
- Gathering, analysing and managing information
- Problem solving and decision making
- Using IT systems to manage, share and store information
- Time management and organisational skills
- Delivering a quality service and ‘going the extra mile’ for customers
- Undertake and understand the importance of continuous professional development
The Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications within this apprenticeship standard have multiple choice and written response exam papers.
All apprenticeship standards are required to have an end-point assessment that is carried out by an independent organisation. Apprentices must pass the end-point assessment in order to achieve the apprenticeship certificate.
The end-point assessment for the Public Services Operational Delivery Officer involves the following:
- Proposal, project report and presentation
- Professional discussion based on your portfolio
What can I do after this apprenticeship?
Listed below are some potential career pathways once you have completed your apprenticeship with us:
- Shared Services Support Assistant
- Legal Services Administrator
- School Admissions Officer
- Team Co-ordinator
We can offer individual unit accreditation if the apprenticeship route is not for you or if you are aspiring to be in these roles, for further information please call 01482 614 157