Ready for School
Aimed at parents and carers of children that want to develop a range of techniques to help their child be ready to start school.
An online based course to:
- Know the guidelines of what your child should know and be able to do.
- Create activities for you and your child to help them meet these guidelines.
- Know ways to help you child prepare emotionally for starting school.
- Know where to access further advice and support.
There are no entry requirements.
Children of any age can join our online Family Learning courses.
Accredited/RARPA statement (to be agreed as a team and one version to be used)
Without qualification – RARPA stands for Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement which is the process of assessment for non-accredited learning. It is a means of validating the outcomes of programmes which do not result in qualifications. RARPA is a five stage process which measures and records learners’ progress, achievements and attendance.
Course Units (if applicable)
- Guidelines for school readiness
- Dealing with emotions
- What to expect at school
- Self-care and independence
- Rewards and rules
- Sharing and turn-taking
Where can it lead?
Progression onto Functional Skills maths and English.
This course has links to childcare, education, psychology careers or courses.
You could progress onto courses such as;
Functional skills Maths
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills English
This course/qualification would be useful in the following roles;
- Lunchtime supervisor
- Teaching Assistant