Sew and Sell
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
To gain knowledge and skills to produce simple sewn items and gain a basic understanding of how to offer items for sale at craft fairs, or online platforms.
No entry requirements.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
Learn practical sewing skills and techniques which will be embedded through a variety of sewing projects suitable for your level of skill and ability, by creating a number of simple sewn pieces
• Using the controls and functions on a sewing machine
• Understanding and using seam allowance, grainlines, pattern markings, neatening methods
• Construction techniques
RARPA stands for Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement which is the process of assessment for non-accredited learning. It is a means of validating the outcomes of programmes which do not result in qualifications. RARPA is a five stage process which measures and records learners’ progress, achievements and attendance.
Where can it lead
Qualifications in subject areas such as fashion, garment making or tailoring.
• Entry 3 Garment Making
• Level 1 Award Fashion – Sewing Machine
• Level 1 Award Fashion – Unlined skirt
These skills could be used in the following job roles:
• Repairing clothing/textile items
• Garment alteration
• Clothing manufacture
• Soft furnishing manufacture
• Accessories manufacture
• Working in the voluntary sector