Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
Develop your knowledge and understanding of sewing techniques for dressmaking, crafts or soft furnishings, progress your practical skills in hand and machine sewing.
There are no entry requirements.
How to apply
Enrol from 23 July 2019
Ring the Information Line on 01482 615 349
Practical sewing skills and techniques which will be embedded through a variety sewing projects suitable for your level of skill and ability.
• Hand sewing skills
• Basic sewing machine skills
• Basic over locker machine skills to neaten seams
• Sewing techniques such as inserting zips, piping seams etc.
• Construction process to create sewn items such as bags, cushions and simple garments
• Techniques and methods requested by learners
Full Cost N/A
Where it can lead?
After this course you may wish to advance to an accredited course in order to gain a qualification in the subject.
HTAE Entry 3 Garment Making
HTAE Level 1 Award Fashion – Sewing Machine
HTAE level 1 Award Fashion – Underlined skirt
In terms of employment, you may use your skills in jobs such as:
Repairing clothing/textile items
Soft furnishing manufacture
Working in the voluntary sector