Sewing Skills (classroom-based)
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
To develop your knowledge and understanding of sewing techniques for dressmaking, crafts or soft furnishings and progress your practical skills in hand and machine sewing.
There are no entry requirements.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
This classroom-based course will provide you with practical sewing skills and techniques which will be embedded through a variety sewing projects suitable for your level of skill and ability.
- Hand sewing skills
- Basic sewing machine skills
- Basic over locker machine skills to neaten seams
- Sewing techniques such as inserting zips, piping seams etc.
- Construction process to create sewn items such as bags, cushions and simple garments
- Techniques and methods requested by learners
Where it can lead?
After this course you may wish to advance to an accredited course in order to gain a qualification in the subject, for example:
Garment Making Gateway Entry Level 3
City & Guilds in Fashion – Level 1
In terms of employment, you may use your skills in jobs such as:
- Repairing clothing/textile items
- Garment alteration
- Clothing manufacture
- Soft furnishing manufacture
- Accessories manufacture
- Working in the voluntary sector
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.