SkillUP in Safe Activities for Young Children (blended)
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
To develop skills around play activities for children, creative thinking and health & safety
There are no entry requirements; an initial assessment will inform us of what you need to work towards.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
The course is delivered partly in the classroom and partly on-line.
Develop skills in three main areas
Play activities for young children
- Know why engaging young children in play activity is important
- Know the range of play activities suitable for young children
- Know how to plan and set up a play activity for young children
Skills for creative thinkers
- Be able to think creatively
- Be able to work creatively to apply imaginative solutions to issues
- Know the different types of risk and hazard
- Explain the importance of workplace guidelines, policies and procedures in promoting safety
- Identify the characteristics of safe working and how these reduce the risk of harm to self and others
You will gain a Level 1 qualification and assessment is by portfolio of evidence
Where can it lead?
This course has links to childcare, education, literacy and English careers or courses.
This course leads to an accredited qualification in English Functional skills. This course is an externally assessed exam. You can continue up to Level 2 Functional Skills English. There is also the opportunity to study for a GCSE at one of our main centres.
Developing your English skills and gaining a qualification will help you to support your child’s learning. It also enables you to demonstrate your English skills to employers and access other courses.
The qualification can be a gateway to enable you to study further and work towards employment in roles such as;
- Teaching assistant
- Admin assistant
We also offer a number of other courses to help you get on and move on. Why not consider refreshing your maths and English skills, or try one of our IT or vocational courses.
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential.