SkillUP in Using Technology with Children (blended)
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
Technology is part of our everyday lives. Young children experience different forms of technology from a very early age. Learn how to support children in this digital age.
There are no entry requirements; an initial assessment will inform us of what you need to work towards.
Two courses are available, please state if you would prefer the Monday or Wednesday class when calling to book your induction.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
The course is delivered partly in the classroom and partly on-line and will develop skills in three main areas.
Technology Activities for Young Children
- Identify technology toys or activities for young children
- Explain the benefits for the child for an activity in different age ranges
- Know how technology toys or activities support children’s learning and development
IT Security for Users
- Use appropriate methods to minimise security risks to IT systems and data
- Take appropriate precautions to keep information secure
- Describe why it is important to backup data securely
Internet Safety for IT users
- Understand the risks that can exist when using the Internet
- Identify risks to user safety and privacy
- Identify risks to data security
- Know how to safeguard self and others when working online
- Take precautions to maintain data security
- Follow legal constraints, guidelines and procedures which apply when working online
You will gain a Level 1 qualification and assessment is by portfolio of evidence
Where can it lead?
This course has links to childcare, education, literacy and English careers or courses.
This course leads to an accredited qualification in English Functional skills. This course is an externally assessed exam. You can continue up to Level 2 Functional Skills English. There is also the opportunity to study for a GCSE at one of our main centres.
Developing your English skills and gaining a qualification will help you to support your child’s learning. It also enables you to demonstrate your English skills to employers and access other courses.
The qualification cam be a gateway to enable you to study further and work towards employment in roles such as;
- Teaching assistant
- Admin assistant
We also offer a number of other courses to help you get on and move on. Why not consider refreshing your maths and English skills, or try one of our IT or vocational courses.
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential.