Spanish, Level 1
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
Reading – Be able to read and understand a simple text in the target language.
Writing – Be able to write simple text in the target language
Reading and Written Response in Spanish language – Be able to read and respond in the target language to simple written text.
There are no formal entry requirements for the Level 1 Award
Learners may find it advisable to have some prior knowledge and understanding from our ABC Entry 3 Award in the relevant language (Reading & Writing) or an equivalent Entry Level 3 language qualification.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
Course Units (if applicable)
Relating to personal, social or workplace situations
Possible topics: family, home, job, holidays, transport, food, talking about plans
Acquire knowledge of
- distinction between formal/informal language
- basic positive / negative structures
- basic connectors, prepositions
- adjectives / adverbs to create simple descriptions
- a basic knowledge of modal verbs
- expressions of frequency
- time frames – past/present/ future
- simple numerical data
- requests for information (e.g. how, when, do you, have you, are you)
- permission to act (e.g. may I, can I)
- use of simple dictionaries / glossaries (target language>English)
- conventions used in letters, notes, forms
This as an accredited course and evidence of achievement is by creating a portfolio of evidence.
Where can it lead?
These qualifications enable learners to gain crucial language skills for work or social purposes. They allow learners to expand cultural knowledge, participate in multilingual communities and improve communication skills when travelling abroad for business and/or pleasure.