Supporting Children in Family Learning (online)
See venue >>
To improve knowledge of how family learning can help parents and children. To develop strategies for family learning of child learning methods, literacy and numeracy.
There are no entry requirements.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
Would you like to know how to support your children’s learning? In recent times this has become more important. This course explores the following:
- How family learning can contribute to raising the achievement of a child
- Know about the different roles of family members/carers and teachers in supporting children’s learning
- Know how children’s learning can be recorded
- Identify a way in which teachers can record children’s learning
- Know how being a learner yourself can make a difference to a child’s attitude to learning
- Know about the value of working with other groups to support family learning
This is an accredited course and evidence of achievement is by creating a portfolio of evidence.
Where can it lead?
Progression onto Functional Skills maths and English.
This course has links to childcare, education, psychology careers or courses.
You could progress onto courses such as;
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills English
This course/qualification would be useful in the following roles;
- Lunchtime supervisor
- Teaching Assistant