Supporting Children in Family Learning (online)
See venue >>
As part of Hull Training and Adult Education’s COVID recovery plan, our Family Learning courses are free of charge. We are here to offer support with a range of provision to fit around your busy schedule.
To improve knowledge of how family learning can help parents and children. To develop strategies for family learning of child learning methods, literacy and numeracy.
There are no entry requirements.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
Would you like to know how to support your children’s learning? In recent times this has become more important. This course explores the following:
- How family learning can contribute to raising the achievement of a child
- Know about the different roles of family members/carers and teachers in supporting children’s learning
- Know how children’s learning can be recorded
- Identify a way in which teachers can record children’s learning
- Know how being a learner yourself can make a difference to a child’s attitude to learning
- Know about the value of working with other groups to support family learning
This is an accredited course and evidence of achievement is by creating a portfolio of evidence.
Where can it lead?
Progression on to Functional Skills maths and English.
This course has links to childcare, education, psychology careers or courses.
You could progress on to courses such as:
- Maths Functional Skills
- English Functional Skills
This course/qualification would be useful in the following roles;
- Lunchtime Supervisor
- Teaching Assistant
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.