Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools – Level 3 Award (Teaching Assistant)
The aim of the course is to provide you with an understanding of the knowledge needed when working directly with children and young people in schools environments. It includes learning about children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare and communications and professional relationships.
There are no previous qualifications required. However, learners looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 19 years or above
- Have good study skills
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
- Basic computer skills: e.g. Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
- A previous knowledge of working with children and young people in a school or early years setting
Learners do not require a placement to complete this course, however, you will complete an assessment task to establish if this is the correct level for you.
How to apply
Please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349 to book an induction
During your time on the course you will cover topics such as:-
- Communication and professional relationships with children and young people;
- Schools as organisations;
- Supporting learning activities;
- Promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour;
- Understanding how to safeguard and wellbeing of children and young people;
- Supporting assessment for learning;
- Understanding child and young people development;
- Supporting children and young people’s health and safety;
- Engaging in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods which will include an electronic portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task set by Hull Training and Adult Education.
Where can it lead?
The Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools and the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.