This qualification provides you with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments.
What will you learn?
This qualification will equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills in a range of key subject areas including:
- safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- planning and preparing for learning activities
- using assessment strategies to promote learning
- creating a positive environment to support speech, language and communication development of children and young people
- responding to behaviour challenges
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be at least 16 years old.
As learners need to show competence in both skills and knowledge, they will need to be working or be on a practical placement during the taught programme of study in a learning environment (school or college).
Learners achieving the Level 3 Diploma can progress onto the Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges, a foundation degree, or specialist roles within the workforce.