Teaching Independent Travel – Level 2 Award
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
The course will support school staff, professionals, parents and carers to support young people with an Educational Health and Care Plan to become independent on public transport.
By the end of the six weeks, you will have gained the information to:
- support individuals with special educational needs and disabilities to travel independently
- join a network of travel trainers
This exciting new six week course is open to all school staff, professionals, parents and carers.
How to apply
For further information about this course please email Athina.email@example.com
This exciting new six-week course is open to all school staff, professionals, parents and carers.
The modules that will be covered include:
- Problem Solving when delivering Independent Travel Training
- Understanding and Implement the Processes for Teaching Independent Travel
- Supporting the Learning and Development of Individuals
- Developing Communication Skills in a Learning Disability Setting
This course will be assessed by a variety of methods:
- Practical work/activities
- Group discussion
Where can it lead?
- Becoming an Independent Travel Trainer as part of a city-wide network of Independent Travel Trainers
- Improving knowledge and skills to support those with disabilities or special educational needs for future volunteer work or employment
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.