Ukulele & Guitar – Beginners
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
On this course you will learn about the techniques required to play the Instrument. You will also develop musical knowledge and explore your musical creativity.
No entry requirements
How to apply
Book a place on one of our induction days taking place 6-10 January 2020, by calling 01482 615 349.
Additional induction days for March taking place 24 – 28 February 2020
Develop your skills as well as your knowledge of chord shapes. You will also develop the ability and confidence to play both individually and as part of a group.
The course content will be negotiated to meet your needs and will include some of the following:
- The history and construction of the Ukulele & Guitar;
- The tuning of the instrument;
- The names of the strings;
- Chord boxes and how to read them;
- Basic chord shapes;
- Strumming and keeping time;
- Initially learn basic tunes.
Where can it lead?
Qualifications in subject areas such as
- FE Courses
- Functional Skills English and maths
- Functional Skills ICT
These skills could be used in the following job roles:
- Guitar Technician
- Freelance Musician