Business Administrator Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Craven Park Training and Enterprise Centre
See venue >>
Why this apprenticeship?
Do you take pleasure in organising and supporting others in making sure everything runs smoothly? Do you already have some office experience? If so, this apprenticeship and the important support role you will play could be for you.
Business Administrator apprentices will work in roles such as to be personal secretaries, receptionists, admin officers etc. They will have the skills, knowledge, behaviours and competencies to manage business systems, processes and services and play an important part in making businesses run smoothly.
Anyone aged 16 years or over can apply for an apprenticeship. You cannot be self-employed and must have lived in the UK or EU for the past three years to be eligible.
You must be working in a business administration role with responsibility for a project and you will have had some experience of working within an office previously. If you are not currently employed, we will do our best to support you into employment before commencing this apprenticeship.
The Level 3 apprenticeship is an advanced level equivalent to two A level passes and can be an excellent starting point to move into management or senior support roles. Successful completion could also support a pathway to university.
What qualifications will I achieve?
You would achieve:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- English and Maths Functional Skills Level 2 (for those that have not achieved a grade C or Level 4 or above).
On completion of this apprenticeship you will have gained experience and/or knowledge of the following:
- Producing accurate records and documents
- Making effective decisions
- Building and maintaining positive business relationships
- Confidence to communicate face to face and in writing
- Choosing the most appropriate IT solution to suit the business problem
- Managing priorities
- Undertaking and leading on projects
- Practical knowledge of managing stakeholders
- Applying laws and legislations within your role
- Understanding organisational structures and the benefits they have
- External factors and the wider impact these can have on an organisation
- Demonstrating integrity, reliability, self-motivation and pro-activity
All apprenticeship standards are required to have an end-point assessment that is carried out by an independent organisation. Apprentices must pass the end-point assessment in order to achieve the apprenticeship certificate.
The end-point assessment for the Business Administrator involves the following:
- Multiple choice knowledge test
- Project Presentation
- Portfolio Interview
What can I do after this apprenticeship?
Listed below are some potential career pathways once you have completed your apprenticeship with us:
- Operational Support Supervisor
- Overseeing reception and administration staff
- Organising rota’s and cover for annual leave
- Team leading or mentoring
- Producing reports
We can offer individual unit accreditation if the apprenticeship route is not for you or if you are aspiring to be in these roles, for further information please call 01482 614 157