City and Guilds Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
On completion of this standard you will have gained experience and knowledge in the following professional behaviours to become a skilled teacher.
- Operate at all times to ethical and legal standards and within professional boundaries
- Value diversity and actively promote equality of opportunity and inclusion
- Be resilient and adaptable when dealing with challenge and change, maintaining focus and self-control
- Promote a passion for learning and high expectations of all learners
- Model exemplary communication skills with learners and in all professional relationships
- Be a role model for the effective use of current, digital and mobile technologies in support of teaching and learning
- Underpin your practice by reference to professional standards and evidence-based teaching and learning
You will work towards gaining an apprenticeship standard. The apprenticeship standard contains a list of skills, knowledge and behaviours you will need to have learned by the end of your apprenticeship. Standards are occupation focused; they are not qualification-led. The learning happens throughout the apprenticeship and you are assessed at the end of your apprenticeship. It is at this point you will need to prove you can carry out all aspects of the job. This is called the End Point Assessment (EPA).
For more information about apprenticeships visit
- Competence in vocational and/or specialist subject at an appropriate level
- Confirmation of current vocational/specialist subject knowledge
- Up to date knowledge of workplace practice
- A willingness to continue to develop personal ICT skills to a level in-line with the LST role
- Reference to the Education and Training Foundations (2016) Minimum Core Guidance, and any other subsequent updates
- Apprentices without a level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement the apprenticeship English and maths minimum requirement is Entry level 3 and British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to English qualifications for which this is a primary language.
The Learning and Skills Teacher (LST) is dual professional, having first achieved
competence in a vocational or subject specialism and then subsequently trained as a
You will spend one day a week with Hull Training and AduIt Education based at our
Endeavour Learning and Skills site and the rest of the week with your employer
Outcomes for this standard must include:
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Level 2 Safeguarding
- Apprentices with a Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this prior to take the end point assessment.
All of the above outcomes must be achieved before the end-point assessment
Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (In service) Level 6