Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship (Level 2)
Craven Park Training and Enterprise Centre
See venue >>
Why this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship is for individuals working within an office based customer service environment. The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. You will learn how your actions influence the customer experience and how to provide a high quality service to customers, which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality. You may be the first point of contact and work in the private, public or charity sector.
Your workplace role will be varied and may include skills such as providing guidance and support, meeting and greeting, sales, fixing problems or providing aftercare.
Anyone aged 16 years old, or over, can apply for an apprenticeship. You cannot be self-employed and must have lived in the UK or EU for the past three years to be eligible.
You must be working in a business-related environment and have a passion to work with people.
If you are not currently employed, we will do our best to support you into employment before commencing this apprenticeship.
What qualifications will I achieve?
Learners who successfully complete this apprenticeship will be awarded with a:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- English and maths Functional Skills gained at Level 1, you will also be required to attempt English and maths at Level 2 (for those that have not achieved a grade C or Level 4 or above)
On completion of this apprenticeship you will have gained the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Reflection and self-development
- ICT including using the companies bespoke packages
- Developing self-awareness
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- ‘Right first time’
Your learning will be a mix of face-to- face sessions and online teaching using Educational Teams one day a week. The remaining four days will be with your employer.
All apprenticeship standards are required to have an end-point assessment that is carried out by an independent organisation. Apprentices must pass the end-point assessment in order to achieve the apprenticeship certificate.
The end-point assessment for the Customer Service Practitioner involves the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
- Portfolio (report or presentation)
What can I do after this apprenticeship?
Here you will find some potential career pathways once you have completed your apprenticeship with us:
- Customer Service Assistant
- Customer Service Administrator
- Customer Service Advisor
- Client Relations Associate
We can offer individual unit accreditation if the apprenticeship route is not for you or if you are aspiring to be in these roles, for further information please call 01482 614 157