Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship (Level 3)
The Engineering Centre
See venue >>
Why this apprenticeship?
As an Engineering Fitter you will produce components and assemblies in part or in full to specification. This role is found in a variety of Mechanical and Manufacture process sectors.
Hull is the biggest manufacturer of caravans and modular buildings in Europe. As the industry grows there is a need for a skilled workforce to produce every part of the caravan, modular builds and delivery vehicles.
This apprenticeship is recognised throughout the sector and will equip you with the essential skills, knowledge and qualifications for a career in this industry.
You must be aged 16 years or over and should have:
• GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 and above or Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2
• Practical abilities and the desire to work with your hands
• The ability to follow instructions and diagrams
• The ability to work accurately and a good eye for detail
• Good communication and problem solving abilities
• The ability to work on your own initiative, but also be a good team worker
Our experienced tutors are here to support you all the way and will teach you about:
- Working in a team to create a product from start to finish
- Making parts out of different materials such as wood and metal
- Health and Safety – keeping you and others safe
- Using hand tools and learning practical skills
- Fitting and assembly
- Mechanical applications: seal: packing and bearings
- Fastening and linkage mechanisms
- Belt and gear drives
- Power transmission systems
- Manual and automated friction clutches and fluid couplings
- Assembly of mechanical equipment and related systems to required specifications
- Maintaining and repairing of mechanical systems
- Improving the workplace
What qualifications will I achieve?
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) plus a vocational qualification relating to work area.
This qualification gives both a basic all-round grounding in engineering fitting, as well as extensive theoretical and practical experience in your own employment.
On completion, you will gain:
• Engineering Fitter Standard Apprenticeship
What can I do after this apprenticeship?
Here you will find some potential career pathways once you have completed your apprenticeship with us:
- Manufacturing Production Manager
- Engineering Fitter
- Manufacture Operative