Engineering Fitter (Manufacturing) Level 3 Apprenticeship
The Engineering Centre
See venue >>
Why this apprenticeship?
Hull is the biggest manufacturer of caravans and modular buildings in Europe. As the industry grows there is a need for a skilled workforce to produce every part of the caravan, modular builds and delivery vehicles.
This apprenticeship is recognised throughout the sector and will equip you with the essential skills, knowledge and qualifications for a career in this industry.
Candidates must be aged 16 years or over and should have:
• GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 and above or Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2
• Practical abilities and the desire to work with your hands
• The ability to follow instructions and diagrams
• The ability to work accurately and a good eye for detail
• Good communication and problem solving abilities
• The ability to work on your own initiative, but also be a good team worker
Our experienced tutors are here to support you all the way and will teach you about:
• Working in a team to create a product from start to finish
• Making parts out of different materials such as wood and metal
• Health and Safety – keeping you and others safe
• Using hand tools and learning woodworking skills
• Fitting and assembly
What qualification(s) will I achieve?
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) plus a vocational qualification relating to work area.
This qualification gives both a basic all-round grounding in engineering fitting, as well as extensive theoretical and practical experience in your own employment. On completion, you will gain:
• Engineering Fitter – Level 3 apprenticeship standard. Working towards manufacturing elements with additional vocational units in woodwork.
Manufacturing Production Manager
Caravan Fitter/Engineering Woodworker – Produce pattern, core-box or model components using wood-working machines.