Engineering Operative (Level 2)
The Engineering Centre
See venue >>
Why this apprenticeship?
Engineering Operatives are predominantly involved in the engineering operations which are key to the success of the Manufacturing and Engineering sector allowing employers to grow their business while developing a work force with the relevant skills and knowledge to enhance the sustainability of the sector.
The role covers a wide range of common and job specific skills sets that can be transferred across the manufacturing engineering industry sectors during the course of their careers.
Examples of the occupational roles from across the engineering and manufacturing sector that would be covered within this standard are: Servicing and maintenance operative; Machine setter/operative; Mechanical engineering operative; Fabricator; Engineering fitter; Multi-disciplined engineering operative; Materials, processing and finishing operative, Technical Support operative, founding/casting operative.
- GCSE Maths and English grade 3/D or above would be beneficial
- Must be aged 16 years or over
- Good attitude and commitment to learn
Our experienced tutors are here to support you all the way and by the end of your apprenticeship you will be able to:
- Understand how to obtain the necessary job instructions, engineering drawings and specifications and how to interpret them
- Relevant statutory, quality, environmental compliance procedures/systems, organisational and health and safety regulations relating to engineering operations
- Their individual roles and responsibilities within the organization and the flexibility required to support the achievement of company targets
- Engineering operational practices, processes and procedures
- Potential problems that can occur within the engineering operations and how they can be avoided
- Demonstrate effective communication skills which include oral, written and electronic
What qualification will I achieve?
- Level 2 Engineering Operative Standard
- Functional Skills Level 1 English and maths for those who have not already achieved equivalent GCSE
What can I do after this apprenticeship?
Here you will find some potential career pathways once you have completed your apprenticeship with us:
- Potentially progress to a Level 3 apprenticeship in your specific industry
- Continue to work in your current job role and progress within the company