The Avenues Adult Education Centre
See venue >>
Attending an ESOL Adult Phonics course will help you to read and spell key words using the 44 phonemes, which are the sounds and letters in the UK English language.
Working towards Pre-entry/ Entry 1
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call 01482 615 349 / 616 580 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By the end of this 12-week course, you will be able to:
- Read and say the 44 phonemes
- Listen to and write the 44 phonemes
- Use the 44 phonemes to read and spell key words from Entry Level 1 – Entry Level 3
This course uses RARPA as its method of assessment.
RARPA stands for Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement which is the process of assessment for non-accredited learning. It is a means of validating the outcomes of programmes which do not result in qualifications. RARPA is a five-stage process which measures and records learners’ progress, achievements and attendance.
Where can it lead?
You could progress on to:
- Entry Level 1/Entry Level 2
- Living and Working in Hull
- English Functional Skills