Basic Food Hygiene Level 2 (classroom-based)
By law, food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene. This qualification is suitable for those working in a catering environment who are responsible for handling food. It is also the most popular food safety qualification accepted by enforcement officers and auditors.
There are no entry requirements.
Enrolment to take place within class, please bring identification.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call The Endeavour Centre on 01482 615 349
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their controls
- Good temperature control and stick rotation
- The importance of good personal hygiene
- Keeping work areas clean and safe
- Waste disposal
- Pest control
Highfield, Level 2 Award in Food Safety for catering.
Candidate will undertake a formal multi choice assessment.
Where can it lead?
First step in to employment within the Catering and Hospitality industry.
Demonstration of competency and training for businesses handling food.
Links to progression on to:
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Level 2 or 3 NVQ in Catering and Hospitality
- Possible wider employment opportunities in the Care or Child Care sectors
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor for a referral.