Highfield Level 2 Food Safety
By law, food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene.
This Level 2 course is suitable for those working in a catering environment who are responsible for handling food. It is also the most popular food safety qualification accepted by enforcement officers and auditors.
Please note: payment is required at the time of enrolment, if applicable, benefit evidence should be emailed to email@example.com
Level 1 English
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call 01482 616 580 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
During this one-day course you will look at:
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their controls
- Good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- Keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
- Safe waste disposal
- Pest control
Highfield, Level 2 Award in Food Safety for catering.
Candidate will undertake a formal multi choice assessment.
Where can it lead?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Food Safety for managers/supervisors
- Apply for any employment in the food and hospitality sector that requires this certification
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.