Highfield Health and Safety Level 2
The Avenues Adult Education Centre
See venue >>
Keeping workplaces safe is both a legal and moral obligation, with severe consequences if local health and safety laws are not followed.
The Level 2 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace is a market-leading exam used by some of the biggest businesses across the UK to keep their staff compliant with health and safety.
This qualification has been designed specifically for those individuals who are required to have a basic knowledge of health and safety practices that are essential in the workplace. It is also ideal for those entering the workplace for the first time or looking to progress in an organisation.
Please note: payment is required at the time of enrolment, if applicable, benefit evidence should be emailed to email@example.com
Level 1 English
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call 01482 615 349 / 616 580 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics covered include:
- An understanding in the responsibilities of employers and employees
- The benefits of good health and safety
- Steps to a risk assessment and how they can reduce accidents
- Near misses and ill-health
- Typical hazards and controls in a workplace
- Common causes of accidents, near misses and ill-health
- Emergency procedures
- The importance of recording accidents, near misses and ill-health
You will undertake a formal multi choice exam.
Where can it lead?
- Improved employment opportunities in a wide range of industries
- Progression on to further health and safety courses
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor for a referral.