ICT Functional Skills Level 2 (Classroom-based)
The Avenues Adult Education Centre
See venue >>
This course will help you build on your existing ICT Skills. It will help you develop your practical computer skills you need to flourish in the working environment and everyday life and gain nationally recognised qualification to prove it.
Having these ICT skills will help you to organise your workload, streamline processes and access digital information. When applying for jobs, improving your ICT skills is a sensible way to give yourself a competitive advantage over other candidates.
You need to have a Level 1 ICT qualification or proven skills to enrol on this course.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call 01482 615 349 / 616 580 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The course will enable you to develop a range of digital skills for work, college, university and life. It covers the following topics:
- Safe Internet Usage – such as using search engines for research purposes or updating company social media accounts.
- Typing – the ability to use a word processing program (such as Microsoft Word) to create letters, agendas and minutes. In some roles (such as medical or legal secretarial work) additional audio transcription skills will be required.
- Document Creation – the ability to use software (such as Microsoft Word, to produce professional documents like PowerPoint presentations, letters, leaflets and posters.
- Data analysis – the ability to create and present statistical information
- Email and Calendar Management – the ability to use an email solution (such as Microsoft Outlook) to communicate with internal and external contacts, keep calendars up to date and book meetings.
This qualification will be delivered to you by a highly skilled and experienced tutor who will discuss your individual needs to ensure you get the most out of the course.
Your level will be assessed and agreed with you before you start the course to ensure the course will be right for you.
Programme delivery will include a combination of structured learning materials and face-to-face delivery with the opportunity to use our online systems for support. Each unit is assessed through the completion of skills and knowledge as you progress.
You will need to attend the centre each week and undertake the online exam at the end of the course.
Where can it lead?
ICT skills are an essential requirement for the majority of job roles.
Functional Skills at Level 2 is equivalent to a GCSE grade 4 (C on old grading system). Functional Skills is a qualification which is widely accepted as a GCSE equivalent with many employers, colleges and universities.
In the future you may wish to develop your skills to engage with specific IT job roles, for example: Library Assistant, IT Support Technician or a range of Digital Delivery and Computer Gaming roles.
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.