Installation Electrician/Maintenance Electrician Level 3 Apprenticeship (Standard)
The Engineering Centre
See venue >>
Why this apprenticeship?
The electrical industry offers lots of choice. Working in homes or industry, maintaining or installing and commissioning electrical equipment, internet data cabling, security systems and much more!
This apprenticeship will enable the learner to identify the principles applied to, and the processes involved in the production of electrical energy, its application to everyday electrical devices, systems and apparatus.
Pathway route are available in either Electrical Installation & Commissioning or Electrical Maintenance.
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and should have:
• GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 and above, or
• Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2
• The ability to follow instructions and diagrams
• The ability to work accurately and a good eye for detail
• Good communication and problem solving abilities
• The ability to work on your own initiative, but also be a good team worker
• Good IT skills and enjoy working on computers
Our experienced tutors are here to support you all the way and by the end of your apprenticeship you will be able to:
- Understand Health, Safety & Environmental Considerations
- Understand How to Plan and Oversee Electrical Work Activities
- Understand Design & Installation Practices & Procedures
- Understand Terminations & Connections of Conductors
- Understand Inspection, Testing & Commissioning
- Understand Fault Diagnosis & Rectification
- Electrical Scientific Principles & Technologies
- Understand the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2018
What qualifications will I achieve?
EAL Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Technology (QCF)
Plus either –
Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Installation and Commissioning
Here you will find some potential career pathways once you complete your apprenticeship with us.
Electronics Maintenance Technician
Carry out planned and emergency fault diagnosis and maintenance, test and repair electronic equipment and circuits/ communications equipment/ instrumentation and control equipment, service medical equipment and carry out quality inspections
Electrical Maintenance Technician
Carry out planned and emergency fault diagnosis, maintenance and testing on electrical equipment and circuits, modifying or rewiring electrical circuits, assisting in the installation of electrical/ electronic equipment and carry out quality inspections
Installation and Commissioning Technician
Installation and commissioning of electrical engineering equipment and systems covering electrical, electronic and data cabling systems.