Mental Health Awareness
The Avenues Adult Education Centre
See venue >>
This five-week course aims to make you aware of the following:
- What is meant by mental health
- Some of the social and personal effects of mental ill health
- Some of the responses to mental health issues
- Sources of support and further learning
- Cultural diversity in relation to MH issues
There are no entry requirements
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call 01482 615 349 / 616 580 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
During this course you will cover the following topics:
- Define the terms mental health and mental ill health
- Categorise causes of mental health problems
- Highlight common sources of information on mental health
- Case studies on sufferers of mental health
- Campaigns to fight stigma/stereotyping in media?
- Effects of media reporting on society
- Identifying Key Rights for mental health sufferers
- Factors that influence success of responses for mental health
- Personal Wellbeing and Promoting Positive Mental Health in cultural groups
This is a RARPA based course, assessment is carried out though building of a portfolio and taking part within tasks matched to the individual’s personal targets.
RARPA stands for Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement which is the process of assessment for non-accredited learning. It is a means of validating the outcomes of programmes which do not result in qualifications. RARPA is a five stage process which measures and records learners’ progress, achievements and attendance.
Where can it lead?
This course may enhance your employment prospects and personal growth.
You could progress on to a non accredited/accredited Mindfulness course, a general Mental Health Awareness course or the Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness course.
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.