Preparing to Work in Schools – Level 1 Award (Teaching Assistants)
This qualification prepares you for further learning and training whilst developing an understanding of the teaching and learning environment in a school setting. It covers areas such as how to support the well-being of a child or young person and child and young person development.
This qualification is aimed at a range of learners who are thinking of working in a school setting including: young people, mature learners, learners with special educational needs or where English is an additional language.
- Level 1 English
You will need access to a computer to complete your work online.
How to apply
For information on how to apply, please call 01482 615 349 / 616 580 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
During this 15-week course you will cover:
- Understand schools as organisations
- Understand how to keep children and young people healthy, safe, and well
- Understand how to communicate with children, young people, and adults
This qualification is assessed with a portfolio of evidence.
Where can it lead?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 and 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 1 dyslexia Awareness
- Having greater confidence to volunteer in a school setting and make progress to become a Teaching Assistant
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.