Signage Technician Apprenticeship (Level 3)
The Engineering Centre
See venue >>
Why this apprenticeship?
Did you know that Hull is one of the biggest areas for Signmaking in the UK? Signs are everywhere!
• Road signs
• Vehicle graphics
• Design of product packaging
• Shops fronts
• Advertisements for concerts and festivals
We provide many local Signmaking companies with their apprentices and so you will get the opportunity to learn more about this sector from industry experts.
You must be aged 16 or over and should have:
• GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 and above, or Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2
• The ability to follow instructions and diagrams
• The ability to work accurately and a good eye for detail
• Good communication and problem solving abilities
• The ability to work on your own initiative, but also be a good team worker
• Good IT skills and enjoy working on computers
Our experienced tutors are here to support you all the way and will deliver a programme which includes:
• Maintaining the work environment to meet health, safety and environmental requirements
• Developing and maintaining effective working relationships in a signmaking environment
• Providing information about sign products
• Maintaining the quality of sign production
• Preparing for sign operations and preventing damage during transportation and storage of sign products
• Quality Assurance
What qualifications will I achieve?
Level 3 standard in Signmaking incorporating:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Signmaking (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Signmaking Technology (QCF)
What can I do after this apprenticeship?
Here you will find some potential pathways once you have completed your apprenticeship with us.