Team Leader/Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship
Why this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship provides learners with an excellent foundation for a career within management. If you are motivated to achieve, have a talent for building relationships and are great at communicating important information to a team of people this apprenticeship could be for you.
The standard is designed to meet the skills needs of employers and equips learners to take the first steps into management or develop those that have just started to climb.
You will spend one day a week with Hull Training and AduIt Education and the rest of the week with your employer.
Advanced apprentices will work in roles such as team leader, project leader, supervisor, junior manager etc. They will have the skills, knowledge and competencies to manage people, develop relationships and deliver results.
Anyone aged 16 or over can apply for an apprenticeship. You cannot be self-employed and must have lived in the UK or EU for the past three years to be eligible.
You must be in a role that has responsibility for staff or a project. If you are not currently employed, we will do our best to support you into employment before commencing this apprenticeship.
The Level 3 apprenticeship is an advanced level equivalent to two A level passes and can be an excellent starting point to move into middle or senior management. Successful completion could also support a pathway to university.
What qualifications will I achieve?
Learners who successfully complete this apprenticeship will be awarded with a:
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 3 Diploma in Management (ILM)
Plus, Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths (for those who had not achieved a grade C or level 4 or above before they started).
On completion of this apprenticeship you will have gained experience and/or knowledge of the following:
- Managing people and developing relationships
- Communicating organisational strategy and delivering against operational plans
- How to be self-aware
- Project management
- Applying organisational governance and compliance requirements to ensure effective budget controls.
- Using effective problem solving techniques to make decisions
- Creating effective personal development plans
You will work towards gaining an apprenticeship standard. The apprenticeship standard contains a list of skills, knowledge and behaviours you will need to have learned by the end of your apprenticeship. Standards are occupation focused; they are not qualification-led. The learning happens throughout the apprenticeship and you are assessed at the end of your apprenticeship. It is at this point you will need to prove you can carry out all aspects of the job. This is called the End Point Assessment (EPA).
For more information about apprenticeships visit
Here you will find some potential career pathways once you have completed your apprenticeship with us.
- Leading and managing a team
- Creating and delivery on operational plans
- Resource and financial management
- Performance management
- Coaching and mentoring
- Managing quality assurance
- Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency
- Generate Sales
- Customer Liaison
- Develop and maintain long term relationships
- Develop business growth
- Maintain records
- Identify opportunities for growth
- Makes sure clients receive requested products/services in a timely fashion
- Activity and resource planning
- Organising and monitoring project teams
- Controlling time management
- Cost estimating and developing budgets
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Analysing and managing project risk
- Monitoring progress
- Reporting and developing documentation
- Setting and meeting goals/targets
- Creating and overseeing budgets
- Developing efficient and creative sales and marketing strategies
- Training of staff
- Co-ordinate and report to senior management
- Tackling complex problems and coming up with solutions
- Identifying risks and opportunities