Diploma in Education and Training Level 5 (stand-alone)
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) programmes are the recognised teaching qualification for the post-16 sector. You can become a post-16 teacher in England without a teaching qualification, but it’s a definite advantage to have one, as many employers expect them.
The aim of the diploma is to give you the tools to become a successful teacher in the real world. That means the core knowledge, understanding and skills needed to work efficiently as a teacher in virtually any setting. Of course, you get unlimited tutor support.
The perfect introduction to teaching and training for a range of trainee teachers. Whether you’re totally new to teaching, an assessor looking to teach, or a teacher looking to progress in their role, this course is all you need.
For more information about Teacher Training visit
- Competence in vocational and/or specialist subject at an appropriate level
- Confirmation of current vocational/specialist subject knowledge
- Up to date knowledge of workplace practice
- Reference to the Education and Training Foundations (2016) Minimum Core Guidance, and any other subsequent updated
- Access to 100 teaching practice hours
- A reasonable levels of language, literacy and numeracy
- Candidates should be qualified/ experienced in the subject they intend to teach
How to apply
Email enquiries to email@example.com
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is a teaching qualification which has a teaching/training practice requirement. It is an ‘in service’ qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England.
The course covers a number of topics over the two years including:
- Identifying and supporting individual student needs
- Learning theories
- Economic and political influences in the lifelong learning sector
- Curriculum design
- Behaviour management
- Reflective thinking
- Effective assessment
- Portfolios of teaching evidence
- Observation of teaching & learning
Where can it lead?
Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (In service) Level 6