Diploma in Education and Training Level 5 (stand-alone)
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre
See venue >>
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) programmes are the recognised teaching qualification for the post-16 sector. You can become a post-16 teacher in England without a teaching qualification, but it’s a definite advantage to have one, as many employers expect them.
The aim of the diploma is to give you the tools to become a successful teacher in the real world. That means the core knowledge, understanding and skills needed to work efficiently as a teacher in virtually any setting. Of course, you get unlimited tutor support.
The perfect introduction to teaching and training for a range of trainee teachers. Whether you’re totally new to teaching, an assessor looking to teach, or a teacher looking to progress in their role, this course is all you need.
For more information about Teacher Training visit
- Competence in vocational and/or specialist subject at an appropriate level
- Confirmation of current vocational/specialist subject knowledge
- Up to date knowledge of workplace practice
- Reference to the Education and Training Foundations (2016) Minimum Core Guidance
- Access to 100 teaching practice hours
- A reasonable level of language, literacy and numeracy
- Candidates should be qualified/ experienced in the subject they intend to teach
How to apply
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is a teaching qualification which has a teaching/training practice requirement. It is an ‘in service’ qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England.
The course covers a number of topics over the two years including:
- Identifying and supporting individual student needs
- Learning theories
- Economic and political influences in the lifelong learning sector
- Curriculum design
- Behaviour management
- Reflective thinking
- Effective assessment
- Portfolios of teaching evidence
- Observation of teaching & learning
Where can it lead?
Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (In service) Level 6
As a Hull Training and Adult Education learner you have access to our Careers Advice Service. Our advisers are on hand to guide you through options and support you to achieve your full potential. Ask your tutor to refer you, if required.